One of the best things about living in Australia is our summer. We are blessed with beautiful beaches, parks and bushlands to explore. We are known for our outdoor lifestyle and envied by a lot of people around the world.
Yesterday I spent the day with my family and friends at the beautiful Clovelly Beach. People watching is a very interesting past time and in my case I always find myself looking at hair styles and all the interesting looks people wear, even at the beach. We truly live in an eclectic society, which makes for very interesting people watching and I believe makes Sydney a fantastic place to live in.
Summer does have its drawbacks, mainly on our skin and hair. We all have heard the continuous message of slip, slop, slap for protecting your skin. Although not life threatening, your hair needs to be protected as well. To maintain your beautiful locks you should think about what you do to protect it from the harsh rays of the sun and the elements like salt water, chlorine and wind.
These days there are lots of products on the market to help you do this. Below are my tips on how you can look after your hair in the summer.
- Cover up. Like your skin prevention is the best cure. Hats, hats, and more hats.
- Hair again is like your skin and tends to dry out when there is a lack of moisture. In-salon conditioning treatments are the best way to replace moisture for dehydrated hair. We have a range of these treatments at Hair by Phd to suit all hair types. We also give you a soothing head massage just for good measure.
- Sunscreen for your hair. By far in my opinion the best hair care range when it comes to UV protection for your hair is Soleil by Kerastase. Aqua Seal is the signature product in the range. This works exactly like a sunscreen and also protects your hair from chlorine and other elements, which may damage your hair. It also protects your colour from fading. Used in conjunction with the shampoo and masque you have your total summer hair care solution. All these products have built in UV filters for your ultimate protection. Ask your stylist next time you are at Hair by Phd to show you this fab range of sun care products.
- Regular Salon Visits. Having your hair trimmed regularly is one of the best ways to keep your hair in good shape. This stops your hair from splitting, keeping your hair looking fab. It also allows your stylist to monitor the condition of your hair and recommend the right care.
Enjoy the great Aussie summer and I hope these tips will be helpful in caring for your hair. If you have any questions regarding the above or any other issue you might have with your hair, call into Hair by Phd and let one of our highly trained experts look after you.
If you have any great ideas for looking after your hair this summer, leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Sarkis the Hairstylist.
P.S. Starting the week of the 1st of March Hair by Phd will have a change of trading hours. We will now be opening Tuesday to Saturday. The new trading hours are listed below. The reason for this is so when you do come into our salon we are all on board to be able to service you better. This will also allow our team to have 2 days off in a row. We are always looking at ways to service our clients better. Any feedback you would like to give us is always welcome. You send your feedback directly to me on email@example.com
Trading Hours as of 1 March 2015
- Sunday – Monday Closed
- Tuesday – 9am to 5.30pm
- Wednesday – 9am to 8pm
- Thursday – 8.30am to 9pm
- Friday – 8.30am to 5.30pm
- Saturday – 8am to 4pm
Hair by Phd always at your Service!